We have already shared an easy way to backup your iDevice SHSH blobs using AutoSHSH Grabber. Firmware Umbrella is another software which allows you to backup your SHSH blobs so that you can downgrade and re-jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad incase you unintentionally upgrade to the future firmware releases by Apple. Apple stops signing older firmwares as soon as it releases a new firmware inorder to stop you from downgrading to previous firmware releases. So it is always recommended to save your SHSH in order to keep the jailbreak of your iDevice safe.
How To Use Firmware Umbrella To Save SHSH Blobs On Mac
- Download and save Firmware Umbrella on your desktop.
- Double-click on the downloaded ZIP file to extract it on your desktop.
- Launch Terminal from your Applications:Utilities folder
- Input sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts and hit the Enter key. Incase you are promoted for a password, use your administrative password.
- Once done! Click Go->Go to Folder and then enter path /etc
- Edit your HOSTS file by using TextEdit and remove the line gs.apple.com, save and exit TextEdit.
- Now open the extracted directory on your desktop and double-click on Umbrella.dmg to mount it.
- Drag the Umbrella app from the the mounted dmg into the folder on your desktop.
- Double click the Umbrella app to launch it.
- Enter your ECID and Device version. | Don't know your ECID? Follow this guide to know ECID of your iDevice on Windows and Mac.
- Select Apple from the SHSH Repository dropdown if you just want to query Apple for your SHSH and save it locally. Select Saurik - Cydia from the SHSH Repository dropdown if you want to check Cydia for your SHSH and if Cydia doesn't have it, it will be stored there.
- Once The Firmware Umbrella has completed you will see a status message indicating the SHSH was saved.
- Notice a .shsh file will be created in the folder on your desktop. Make sure to save this for future use.
You may also like to read:
- Backup Your iDevice SHSH Blobs By Using AutoSHSH Grabber RC2
- AutoSHSH Grabber Allows You To Save Your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad ECID SHSH With One Click
- How To Save iPad OS 3.2 SHSH With AutoSHSH Grabber
[via iClarified]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback