This post is about unlocking iPhone 3G on latest iPhone 4.0 OS Beta. The hindrance to unlock 4.0 OS was that it upgrades baseband to 05.13.03 and currently no unlock tool is available for latest baseband, but updated version of FuzzyBand tool has been released to downgrade 05.13.03 baseband of iPhone OS 4 to 04.26.08 so we can use ultrasn0w later to unlock it. Please note that the tools is for older bootloader 05.08 (5.8) and it will work on iPhone 3G only.
Steps to Unlock iPhone 3G on iPhone 4.0 Beta
- First, you must jailbreak your iPhone 3G running on firmware 4.0. Please refer here for stepwise procedure to jailbreak your device.
- Now use Fuzzyband tool to downgrade your baseband 05.13.03 to 04.26.08, refer here for stepwise procedure.
- Once you are done with the above procedure you can proceed with unlock of your iPhone using ultrasnow
- Start "Cydia" on your iPhone.
- Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com" and touch on "Add Source"
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps
- After installation is completed. Search for "ultrasnow" in Cydia and install this application. This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
NOTE: Please try this at your own risk, our recommendation is to wait for official release of iPhone 4.0 OS.
For our complete coverage on iPhone 4.0, please refer here.
[Images and Help via RedmondPie]Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback