Game Center in iPhone OS 4.0 is a start of mobile gaming revolution from Apple! There are over 50,000 games in the App Store and Apple has decided to bring social gaming experience like Xbox Live and PSN to host chat, rankings and much more via Game Center. In nutshell it will be a new multilayer social gaming network experience. Up till now gamers used 3rd party apps like OpenFeint to add multilayer functionality to iPhone games but now there will be no need for such apps as Apple's Game Center will probably eliminate their need.
As soon as Apple released iPhone OS 4.0 developers preview, one guy named EthanIn1970 already managed to install iPhone OS 4.0 on his iPhone 3GS. Check out this video in which Ethan is demoing the Game Center feature of this latest firmware by Apple.
You may also like to read:
- iPhone OS 4.0 Released: 100+ New Features Added
- Download iPhone OS 4.0 Developers Preview And SDK
- Multitasking In iPhone OS 4.0: Video Demo
- iPhone OS 4.0 Folder Feature: Video Demo
- iPhone OS 4.0 5x Digital Zoom: Video Demo