Previously we shared a guide through which you could downgrade your iPhone OS 4.0 to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 by redirecting your iTunes to Sauriks server instead of Apple server by editing your HOSTS file. Later we shared a more efficient guide to downgrade your iPhone OS 4.0 to 3.1.3 for Mac OS X users as many people were facing problems in editing HOSTS file etc. Anyways, here is a small tutorial for Windows users to downgrade their iPhone OS 4.0 to iPhone OS 3.1.3 using iRecovery and libUSB for Windows. Remember if you haven't saved your SHSH file to Cydia Server, you can only downgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.3 and if you have already saved your SHSH, then follow this guide to downgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.2 or below.
Steps To Downgrade iPhone Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.3
Look for download links at the end of post:
- First step is to add Sauriks Server address to your computer's HOSTS file. To edit HOSTS file in Windows and Mac, follow the guide here
- Download and extract iRecoveryWin32.zip on your desktop.
- Run "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1.exe" and keep the file on your desktop.
- Turn of your iPhone completely and hold down home and power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the power button but keep pressing the home button until your PC produces a beep sound or you see the following message on your computer screen
- Click OK. Now hold Option Shift+Restore button in iTunes and browse for 3.1.2 firmware.
- You may see a popup with error code 1015 during the restore process, just ignore it.
- Now click OK to close the popup. Also close the iTunes.
- Open command prompt and type the following command at the console
- Wait a few seconds and then disconnect your iPhone from the cable.
- Restart your phone by pressing Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- When Apple logo appears on your screen, connect the phone to PC via cable and proceed normally with the activation process.
- The downgrade is complete, enjoy again 3.1.3.
First navigate to your desktop where iRecovery.exe has been placed by using the following command.
iRecovery.exe -s setenv auto-boot true saveenv fsboot exit
Update1: Downgrade iPhone Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.2
Update2: Downgrade iPhone Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.3
Update3: Downgrade Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.3 On Mac
Update4: Downgrade iOS 4.0 to iPhone OS 3.1.3 | Windows & Mac
You can go through our step-wise tutorials on jailbreaking iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPhone Touch 1G/2G on firmware 3.1.3 using redsn0w 0.9.4, sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool 3.1.5. Unlocking can be done using ultrasn0w or blacksn0w.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback