Previously we shared a way though which you could downgrade your iPhone OS 4.0 to OS 3.1.3 with Cydia SHSH but many users were facing problems during the downgrading process. Here is another way through which you can downgrade your iPhone OS 4.0 to iPhone OS 3.1.3 on Mac OS X. The process below will only downgrade your iPhone firmware from 4.0 to 3.1.3 but your baseband 05.13.03 will remain unaffected. Those who have not saved their SHSH can only downgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.3 by using the procedure below and for those who have saved SHSH to Cydia Server, follow the guide here to downgrade to iPhone OS 3.1.2 or below.
Steps To Downgrade iPhone Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.3
Look for download links at the end of post:
- First step is to add Sauriks Server address to your computer's HOSTS file. To edit HOSTS file in Windows and Mac, follow the guide here
- Download iRecovery v1.3.zip and extract it on your desktop.
- Download and install LibUSB library.
- Turn of your iPhone completely and hold down home and power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, release the power button but keep pressing the home button until your PC produces a beep sound or you see the following message on your computer screen
- Open iTunes and use ALT+Restore to manually load the iPhone 3.1.3 firmware.
- You may see a popup with error code 1015 during the restore process, just ignore it.
- Now click OK to close the popup. Also close the iTunes.
- Open terminal and type the following command at the terminal
- Wait a few seconds and then disconnect your iPhone from the cable
- Restart your phone by pressing Home + Power buttons simultaneously
- When Apple logo appears on your screen, connect the phone to Mac via cable and proceed normally with the activation process.
- The downgrade is complete, enjoy again 3.1.3
cd Desktop. /-s iRecovery setenv auto-boot true saveenv fsboot exit
Update1: Downgrade iPhone Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.2
Update2: Downgrade iPhone Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.3
Update3: Downgrade iPhone Firmware 4.0 Beta To Firmware 3.1.3 On Windows
Update4: Downgrade iOS 4.0 to iPhone OS 3.1.3 | Windows & Mac
You can go through our step-wise tutorials on jailbreaking iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPhone Touch 1G/2G on firmware 3.1.3 using redsn0w 0.9.4, sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool 3.1.5. Unlocking can be done using ultrasn0w or blacksn0w.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback