Developer of PushFix 2.0 app for Push Notification on iPhone has just released Blacksn0w RC2. This version of Blacksnow is a combination of the original one(released by GeoHot) and the FIX which was recently released for 05.11.07 baseband on iPhone OS 3.1.3, so if you are having problems in manually using Blacksn0w to unlock your iPhone then you can use Blacksn0w RC2 to make the job simple for you.
1) Checks your *real* firmware version using your kernel version (this avoids using the reported firmware version which might be "faked"). Only installs if you are really running 3.1.2 or 3.1.3
2) Checks your baseband version – only installs if 05.11.07
3) Properly backs up and restores your configuration if uninstalled
This post is about unlocking your iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS on iPhone OS 3.1.3 05.11.07 baseband using blacksn0w RC2. iPhone 2G users can unlock and jailbreak their iPhone using redsn0w, details are posted here.
Steps To Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware Via Blacksnow
- First you will need to jailbreak your iPhone 3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.3, step-wise procedure is posted here
- To unlock your jailbroken iPhone using blacksn0w, follow these steps:
- Start "Cydia" on your iPhone.
- Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://cydia.pushfix.info" and touch on "Add Source"
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps.
- After installation is completed. Search for "blacksn0w" in Cydia and install this application. This application will then automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
You can go through our step-wise tutorials on jailbreaking iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPhone Touch 1G/2G on firmware 3.1.3 using redsn0w 0.9.4, sn0wbreeze, PwnageTool 3.1.5. Unlocking can be done using ultrasn0w or blacksn0w.
Please visit here and here respectively for complete coverage on jailbreaking and unlocking iPhone 3.1.3 firmware. For the best repositories to add, check out out our top Cydia repositories (2011, 2012, 2013)Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback