You can easily run Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on VMware Workstation 7 on a Windows PC if you don't have a Mac. I have tested it in Microsoft Windows 7 and Vista. You don't need any drivers as this is a full pre-installed package of Snow Leopard for VMware Workstation. Before you may start you should have an Intel processor which support hardware virtualization. Follow the step by step procedure to run Snow Leopard on Windows using VMware.
- First download VMware Workstation 7 and install it
- After downloading and installing VMware, download the virtual machine configuration Snow Leopard.vmdk and darwin_snow.iso from the link below. Place darwin_snow.iso in your C drive.
- Now download full version of MacOSX Snow Leopard 10.6.2. You will need WinRAR to join these parts once they are downloaded
- Once all parts are downloaded and combined, burn it to a DVD using any software which creates and mount virtual CD/DVD ROMs
- Run VMware and choose Open Existing VM or Team and browse to Mac OS X Server 10.6 (experimental).vmx file you downloaded in step 2
- Now choose darwin_snow.iso (Must be in your C drive) as the CD/DVD (IDE) in the VMware options.
- Now click on Power on this virtual machine and press F8 key. You should see the screen similar to the screenshot below
- Now you need to point your virtual machine to OS X Snow Leopard DVD you created in step 4. To do this, right click on CD/DVD option found in lower right most corner of your VMware window and select settings.
- Now go back to the screen in step 6 and select c option "BOOT DVD". You should now see OS X boot screen with Apple logo.
Mount OS X Snow Leopard DVD on any virtual DVD drive and select the "Use physical drive" option.
Click here to watch this video if you have any doubt in the above steps
Once you are able to run Snow Leopard on VMware successfully, install this package if you are facing any problem related to audio