The WP7S ROM dumped by folks at XDA-Developers only allowed access to Internet Explorer and Settings, however Dan Ardelean of Mobile Development blog managed to unlock many new features of Windows Phone 7 Series providing you with the full experience of Windows Phone 7 Series emulator. Dan Ardelean who has been tinkering with the ROM for some time now has published a modified version of the "BIN" file with which you can unlock Task Manager, File Explorer, Word And Excel apps which Microsoft don't want us to see.
Steps To Unlock Windows Phone 7 Series Emulator For Full Experience
- Download and install the development tools for Windows Phone 7 Series from here.
- Download and install Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from here.
- Download the hacked .BIN file for Windows Phone OS 7.0 Build 22.214.171.12477 emulator image from XDA-Developers here.
- Rename the file to WM70C1.bin and move it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\WindowsPhone\v7.0\Emulation\Images
- Copy and paste the downloaded bin file