Earlier, we shared the detailed procedure to jailbreak iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS (Older Bootroms Only) with sn0wbreeze on latest iPhone firmware 3.1.3. Snowbreeze actually preserves your older baseband while upgrading your devcie to the latest iPhone 3.1.3 OS/firmware, hense you can unlock your iPhone 3G and 3GS with ultrasn0w (for 04.26.08 baseband) or blacksn0w (for 05.11.07 baseband) as they both of these tools are compatible or work with the respective mentioned older baseband versions.
This post is about Unlocking iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS (Old Bootroms Only) on firmware 3.1.3 via Ultrasn0w. iPhone 2G users can unlock and jailbreak their iPhone using redsn0w, details are posted here.
Steps To Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware Via Ultrasnow
- As we all snow, Jailbreaking is a pre-requisit for unlocking, so first you will need to jailbreak your iPhone 3G/3GS, step-wise procedure is posted here
- Download and install iTunes 9.0.3, download link is given at the end of post.
- Make backup of your iPhone's data through iTunes. Click on the name of your iPhone on the iTunes sidebar on the left and click backup button
- Make sure you have jailbreaked your iPhone on firmware 3.1.2.
- Now to unlock your jailbroken iPhone using ultrasnow, follow these steps:
- Start "Cydia" on your iPhone.
- Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com" and touch on "Add Source"
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps
- After installation is completed. Search for "ultrasnow" in Cydia and install this application (T-Mobile users should disable 3G before installing ultrasnow). The lastest version of this app (0.92) will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.
Note: T-Mobile users should disable 3G before installing ultrasn0w.
NOTE: Please try this at your own risk, we haven't tried this procedure ourselves. You might want to wait for official tools to be released by Dev-Team and Geo-Hotz.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback