Apple just released 3.1.3 firmware update for iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch. It didn't take long for Dev-Team to come up with a tool to jailbreak firmware 3.1.3. Dev-Team has just released redsn0w 0.9.4 tool to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G, 3G, iPod Touch 1G and iPod Touch 2G(Non MC Models). Unlock facility is not available for iPhone 3G. Please note down that if you using jailbroken iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch 2G(New Models) and iPod Touch 3G, do NOT upgrade to firmware 3.1.3, as your device may no longer be an unlocked one if you do so.
Please follow following step-wise procedure to jalibreak and unlock iPhone 2G, 3G, iPod Touch 1G and iPod Touch 2G(Non MC Models/Older Models only) with redsnow 0.9.4. You may jailbreak iPhone 3G as well, but tool doesn't provide the facility to unlock iPhone 3G, so you might don't want to try that.
Steps for Jailbreaking iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 2G(Old Models)
1. You should have latest version of iTune, click here to download if you don't have it.
2. Uprage to original iPhone 3.1.3 firmware via iTunes, click here for details on installation/up gradation.
3. Download redsn0w 0.9.4 tool for Windows or MAC (Download links given at the end of post).
4. Now start redsn0w 0.9.4 and navigate to original iPhone 3.1.2 firmware. You might be thinking why iPhone 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3? This is because of bug in redsn0w 0.9.4, it don't validate the latest firmware.
5. You need to check both "Install Cydia" and "Already pwned" options.
6. Now you need to turn OFF your device and PLUGG it IN to your computer, click "Next" after that.
7. Now connect your device in recovery mode by pressing both the power and home button until the help message on redsn0w disappears.
To begin installation, you will need to quickly hold "Power" button, after holding the “Power” button for a while, you will now have to hold "Home" button too. After few seconds release "Power" button but keep holding "Home", installation will begins.
8. That's all! Leave the rest to redsn0w, your device will reboot automatically once the process is completed. You should have a fully jailbreaked iPhone on firmware 3.1.3.
Unlock iPhone 2G Only
9. When you are done with jailbreaking, you can now unlock your iPhone 2G running jailbroken firmware 3.1.3 by using BootNeuter app from Cydia.
For iPhone 3G,3GS Users
For iPhone 3G and 3GS users, we strongly suggest that you stay away from upgrading to firmware 3.1.3 till DevTeam or George Hotz releases new jailbreaking and unlocking tools meant for 3.1.3 firmware.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback