Sometimes when your iPhone or iPod Touch don't respond to any of your inputs e-g screen taps or buttons then you need to hard reset your device. By hard reseting your iPhone or iPod Touch, you are actually doing a force shutdown to your device.
Note that there is a difference between doing a hard reset to your phone and restore factory settings on your phone. Hard reseting your phone will just do a force shutdown on your phone incase your phone is unresponsive to any of your inputs. So you won't be losing any of your settings/data after doing a hard reset. Meanwhile, restoring factory settings on your phone will delete all user data/settings from phone memory and will restore factory settings on device i-e after restoration your phone will be just like as if you have bought a new one.
How To Hard Reset iPhone Or iPod Touch
- Press the home button (the big circle below the screen) and the sleep wake button (the button on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.
- Hold both buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, Ignore the "Slide to power off" and keep holding.
- The iPhone should now shutdown automatically - (fade to black)
- Turn the iPhone back on by hitting the sleep/wake button.
- You should now see the Apple logo, your iPhone is restarting and thus booting up.
Ur done! You have completed a hard reset successfully. You might like to see the official Apple Support document for resetting your iPhone or iPod touch.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback