Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 has been released to jailbreak iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS on latest firmware 3.1.3. However, there is a limitation for iPhone 3GS users, software will work with iPhone 3GS only if it has old bootrom (non-MC model). If you have upgraded your iPhone 3GS to 3.1.3 firmware 3.1.3 than snowbreeze tool won't on your device.
Please note down that this version of sn0wbreeze(ver 3.1.3) is for jailbreaking iPhones only. iPod Touch 1G/2G (Older non-MC models) can jailbreak their device on 3.1.3 firmware via redsn0w. iPhone 2G, 3G and iPhone 3GS (old bootrom only) users who are inteseted in jailbreaking their device on firmware 3.1.3 with sn0wbreeze can follow step-wise procedure given below:
Steps To Jailbreak your iPhone on Firmware 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze
- You should have latest iTunes version, Click Here to download if you don't have it.
- Start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your computer, it will backup your data on iPhone to your computer.
- Download Snowbreeze ver.3.1.3 and latest iPhone firmware 3.1.3 (Download links are given at the end) [Also put these files on your desktop, so Snowbreeze could find them easily].
- After downloading Sn0wbreeze, start it and select "Simple Mode". Don't select "Expert Mode", work on it is still in progress.
- You will now be asked to browse for your .ipsw file. Select 3.1.3 firmware .ipsw file via "Browse" button. Sn0wbreeze will verify .ipsw file and ask you to continue.
- Click "Yes" when you are asked "Do you want to activate your iPhone?", please don't continue if you are on officially supported carrier like AT&T.
- Sn0wbreeze tool will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone and your jailbroken will be jailbroked.
- Now you need to update/restore your iPhone with custom .ipsw file Sn0wbreeze you just created with sn0wbreeze. Start iTunes and select your device (iPhone3GS) from iTunes DEVICES tab.
For iTunes to prompt you for selecting custom .ipsw file, press and hold left "ALT" button on the keyboard ("SHIFT" button for Windows), iTunes will give you option for Upgrade and Restore, click on "Restore" option in the iTunes and then release the "ALT/SHIFT" button. iTunes should prompt for .ipsw file now, browse and select .ipsw file and restore it.
That's all! Leave the rest to iTunes :) You will see a progress bar in iTunes showing upgrade/restore process progress, if it's taking long, give it some time, the process takes some time, don't interrupt in middle of process as it may harm your iPhone device. After completion of process you should have a jailbroken iPhone running on firmware 3.1.3.
Unlocking iPhone 3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.3
Once you are done with jailbreaking, you can follow the tutorials/guides posted here and here to unlock your iPhone 3G and 3GS (older bootrom only) on firmware 3.1.3 using ultrasn0w or balsksn0w, respectively.
9. Once you have fully jailbreaked and unlocked your iPhone. You can now restore all your backup data you made in Step-2 from iTunes to your iPhone on newly installed firmware version 3.1.2.
Imp Note for iPhone 3G and 3GS Users (New Bootroms)
For iPhone 3G and 3GS(New Bootrom) users, we strongly suggest that you stay away from upgrading to firmware 3.1.3 till DevTeam or George Hotz releases new jailbreaking and unlocking tools meant for 3.1.3 firmware. We will update you as soon as any update is available. Please visit here and here respectively for complete coverage on jailbreaking and unlocking iPhone 3.1.3 firmware.
UPDATE: Sn0wbreeze v1.5 has been released, it brings support for iPod Touch 2G (Old Models). Step-wise instructions are posted here to jailbreak iPhone/iPod Touch.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback