Snowbreez is yet another tool for jailbreaking iPhone and iPod Touch, it's similar to other jailbreaking tools like blackra1n, redsn0w and PwnageTool. All these tools are used to create custom .ipsw files to jailbreak iPhone/iPod. The enhancement Sn0wbreez brings is that it works on Windows 7/Vista and XP. If you are unlucky to jailbreak your iPhone with earlier mentioned tools, you can give Snowbreeze a try to see if it helps in jailbreaking your iPhone.
NOTE: Sn0wbreeze is a BETA release, so it may have some issues. We still recommend blackra1n and PwnageTool for jailbreaking your iPhone/iPod Touch. Currently Sn0wbreeze supports iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod touch 1G/2G. Follow following step wise procedure to jailbreak your iPhone/iPod with Sn0wbreeze. Try at your own Risk:
Steps To Jailbreak your iPhone on Firmware 3.1.2 with Sn0wbreeze
- You should have latest iTunes version, Click Here to download if you don't have it.
- Start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your computer, it will backup your data on iPhone to your computer.
- Download Snowbreeze tool and firmware 3.1.2 (Download links are given at the end) [Also put these files on your desktop, so Snowbreeze could find them easily].
- After downloading Sn0wbreeze, start it and select "Simple Mode". Don't select "Expert Mode", work on it is still in progress.
- You will now be asked to browse for your .ipsw file. Select appropriate 3.1.2 firmware .ipsw file via "Browse" button. Sn0wbreeze will verify .ipsw file and ask you to continue.
- Click "Yes" when you are asked "Do you want to activate your iPhone?", please don't continue if you are on officially supported carrier like AT&T.
- Sn0wbreeze tool will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone and your jailbroken will be jailbroked.
- Now you need to update/restore your iPhone with custom .ipsw file Sn0wbreeze just created. Start iTunes and select your device (iPhone3GS) from iTunes DEVICES tab.
For iTunes to prompt you for selecting custom .ipsw file, press and hold left "ALT" button on the keyboard ("SHIFT" button for Windows), iTunes will give you option for Upgrade and Restore, click on "Restore" option in the iTunes and then release the "ALT/SHIFT" button. iTunes should prompt for .ipsw file now, browse and select .ipsw file and restore it.
That's all! Leave the rest to iTunes :) You will see a progress bar in iTunes showing upgrade/restore process progress, if it's taking long, give it some time, the process takes some time, don't interrupt in middle of process as it may harm your iPhone device. After completion of process you should have a jailbroken iPhone running on firmware 3.1.2.
How to Unlock iPhone on 3.1.2 Firmware
9. Once you have fully jailbreaked and unlocked your iPhone. You can now restore all your backup data you made in Step-2 from iTunes to your iPhone on newly installed firmware version 3.1.2.
UPDATE 1: Final version of sn0wbreeze for jailbreaking 3.1.2 firmware is now available, please download from here.
UPDATE 2: Sn0wbreeze 3.1.3 has been released for jailbreaking 3.1.3 firmware. Please follow the step-wise procedure posted here to jailbreak your iPhone 2G/3G/3GS (Old Bootrom only) on firmware 3.1.3, after jailbreak, you can unlock iPhone 3G or 3GS via ultrasn0w or blacksn0w. To unlock iPhone 2G, please follow the instructions posted here.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback