Apple released its latest creation named iPad last week. iPad is basically a large sized iPod Touch that runs all the existing iPhone Apps/Games on a 9.7 Inch IPS capacitive multitouch screen/display. iPad runs on same OS supported by iPhone and iPod, only difference is the version it is using, it runs on OS 3.2, and iPhone/iPad run on Firmware 3.1.2. The overall feel and looks however look quite same. How about turning your iPhone and iPod Touch into an iPad?
Yeah, it’s true! You can actually have your iPhone/iPod look alike iPad. Rorypiper has released a “Simple iPad Theme” for iPhone and iPod Touch and we digged some iPad add-ons/apps, all you need to do is to follow simple steps given below to install iPad them and you have iPad looks including spring/raining background, “iPad” carrier logo, iBook app, New York Times reader app and much more!
NOTE: You need to have a jailbroked iPhone (2G/3G/3GS) or iPod Touch to install this theme, please follow the step wise instructions given here to jailbreak your device first.
Steps for Installing iPad Theme in iPhone/iPod Touch
- Install Winterboard app via Cydia
- Install “Simple iPad Theme” via Cydia
- Install MakeItMine app via Cydia to Change the Carrier logo to iPad, click here for more details
- Shrink app via Cydia to reduce the size of all the icons on the springboard
- ProSwitcher via Cydia for Multitasking. click here for details
- NYTimes – The New York Times app for iPhone via App Store
- Classics – The iBooks lookalike app for iPhone via App Store
- Kindle for iPhone via App Store
That’s all! Enjoy the iPad experience on your iPhone/iPod. For our complete coverage on iPad, please visit here.