Most awaited blacksn0w tool has finally been unveiled by GeoHot. blacksnow is released as an added utility in latest blackra1n RC3 tool to unlock 05.11.07 baseband iPhone 3G and 3GS running on 3.1.X firmware. Complete package of latest blackra1n tool includes jailbreak for all iPhones/iPods, blacksn0w app for unlocking 05.11.07 baseband and pre-enabled Internet Tethering facility on the iPhone.
1. Please note that blacksn0w is only for iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users, if you have iPhone 2G then follow the instructions here for jailbreaking and instructions here for unlocking iPhone 2G on firmware 3.1.2.
2. If you already have blackra1n RC1 or RC2 tool installed on your device then just run touch "ra1n", which has been added as a replacement of "Icy" now. This will lead your blackra1n to upgrade itself to latest RC3 version.
Steps for Unlocking iPhone 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 Baseband with blacksn0w
Step-1. You should have fully jailbreaked iPhone 3G or 3GS running on 3.1.2 firmware before you proceed with unlocking it, please follow detailed instruction here for jailbreaking your iPhone 3G/3GS with blackra1n RC3 tool.
Step-2. Once you have your iPhone jailbreaked then just start blackra1n application and touch "sn0w" option in shown below. As stated before blacksnow is added utility in blackra1n RC3 for unlocking 05.11.07 baseband.
That's all! After initializing "sn0w" option in blackra1n, your iPhone 3G/3GS running on 3.1.2 firmware with 05.11.07 baseband will be unlocked in just 15 seconds. You should see a confirmation after that.
You may like to fo through following tutorials as well:
- How To Enable Push Notifications On iPhone 3.1.2
- How to Enable Tethering on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak with MyWi
- Carrier Logo Missing on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak [Fix it Now]
- Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hacking With MobileTerminal App