Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware Through Blackra1n RC3

blackra1n RC3 has finally arrived! It is most reliable and fastest jailbreaking/unlocking creation till data by GeoHot, it can be used to jailbreak and unlock iPhones on firmware 3.1.2. Latest RC3 version of blackrain comes with blacksn0w, which can be used to unlock 05.11.07 baseband iPhone 3G/3GS running on 3.1.X firmware, and it's the first tool on earth to do so!

blackra1n RC3

For unlocking your iPhone, first you will need to jailbreak it. Please follow following step wise instructions to jailbreak your iPhone 2G/3G/3GS or iPod Touch 2G/3G.

Pre-Requisites

1. Your iPhone 2G,3G,3GS/iPod Touch should be on latest firmware 3.1.2, Download from here if you are still on previous firmwares.
  2. Latest version of iTunes, Download from here if you don't have it.

Steps for Jailbreaking Firmware 3.1.2 with blackra1n RC3

NOTE: If you are already on jailbroken version of iPhone 3.1.2 firmware, please click here for complete instructions for unlocking iPhone 3.1.2 on 05.11.07 baseband.

Step-1. Download Blackra1n RC3 tool for Windows or MAC (Download links given at the end of post)
Step-2. Now start blackra1n RC3 tool, Please note that if you are on Windows 7 or Vista, run the app with "Windows XP Compatibility" mode by enabling it from the "Properties" tab, it will prevent any unnecessary error during jailbreak process.
Step-3. After execution of blackra1n tool, following window will appear, click on "make it rain".
Step-4. Now just wait till your iPhone automatically reboot, blackra1n tool will automatically jailbreak your iPhone.
Step-5. After this, you should see "blackra1n" in the list of applications on your iPhone. You need to run "blackra1n", download Cydia and let it install it.

That's all! You should now have your iPhone/iPod jailbreaked on 3.1.2 firmware.

Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 Baseband
After jailbreaking your iPhone/iPod on 3.1.2 firmware, you should proceed with unlocking it. Please follow complete instruction posted here for unlocking iPhone 3G/3GS on 3.1.2 firmware and 05.11.07 Baseband.

Download iTunes 9.0.2
Download Blackra1n RC3 for Windows or MAC OS

Luan6 years, 8 months ago

This is my case, and that link not worked… do you have any link?

Jaxov6 years, 8 months ago

Thanks Luan. The link is fixed now.

Appl3 Kill3r6 years, 9 months ago

I jailbroke my firmware 3.1.2 with rc1 and if you put your phone in airplane mode and when the phone is turns off to reboot unplug and replug the usb cable into your computer and you should be good, I have jailbroken everyone i knows phone with that sequence and never a fail. Hope it works

Fira6 years, 9 months ago

I did all what a read here,,,,,,now I have 3.1.2 software but somehow YOUTUBE is not working it shows —-Cannot connect to youtube—-
    I want you to help me how to fix my Iphone 3g

Metta6 years, 10 months ago

Worked like a charm.
    Upgraded the iPhone to 3.1.2
    ran the blackra1n app, jailbreak worked with no problems.
    installed the app
    bingo
    unlocked as well
    only glitch, the post instal log ran and ran and ran.
    simply pressed the home button to exit and all was good.
    Many thanks.

Bob6 years, 10 months ago

I am running Vista and I am running blackra1n in XP compatibility mode but every time I click on make it rain my phone just reboots into recover mode and does nothing else and i have to restore it in Itunes. can anyone help me? I have tried RC1 and RC3 but i get the same every time I have also tried Jailbreaking it from my wife’s XP PC and I still get the same. I have got a 1st gen G3 not the new one with the video on it. any help would be appreciated oh and I am running firmware 3.1.2

Nuno Rocha6 years, 9 months ago

Simply forget it about the compatibility mode and run it normaly.

Ash6 years, 10 months ago

I restored my iphone 3g to firmware 3.1.2 and tried to jailbreak by running blackra1n RC3. after executing it, the iphone does not automatically reboot neither does the application get installed on my phone. is there something i am missing?