You must have listened about "Backgrounder", a popular iPhone app from Cydia which enables you to present all open iPhone apps in tabbed view, pretty much similar to view seen on Mobile Safari. Multiflow is another popular iPhone app which enables you to switch between iPhone apps in a cool Palm Pre style cover flow-like mode. The combo of Backgrounder and Multifl0w will be a treat for power users who want to run multiple iPhone apps at the same time.
Unfortunately this app is available for jailbroken iPhone 3G and 3GS users. One reason for not allowing multitasking on the jailbroken iPhone 2G could be its memory constraint. Due to larger RAM size, iPhone 3G and 3GS is capable of multitasking and running number of iPhone apps in parallel in background.
Multifl0w will be available in the next few days for jailbroken iPhone’s on Cydia via BigBoss repository. Stay tuned, as we will keep you updated as soon it is available for download.
Here is a video in which Multifl0w is in action on iPhone 3G with 14 apps running in background. To initiate Multifl0w, all you need is to double tap the home button and you will be available to see all iPhone apps running in background in tabbed view.
You may like to go through following tutorials as well:
- Youtube, WiFi, GPS Apps Not Working on iPhone 3.1.2 With blacksn0w / blackra1n RC3
- How To Enable Push Notifications On iPhone 3.1.2
- How to Enable Tethering on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak with MyWi
- Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hacking With MobileTerminal App
- Carrier Logo Missing on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak [Fix it Now]