How To Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware With Ultrasnow

This post is about Unlocking iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS firmware 3.1.2 via Ultrasn0w. iPhone 2G users can unlock and jailbreak their iPhone using PwnageTool here.

Important : Before you may proceed all iPhone 3G & 3GS users are requested to check their baseband version by the guide posted here. Your baseband should be 04.26.08

Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware with Ultrasnow

Also to unlock your iPhone firmware 3.1.2, first you will need to jailbreak it. Please follow our mentioned posts for jailbreaking iPhone 3G and 3GS on Windows and MAC.

Update : Use PwnageTool 3.1.4 to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware
Update : How to Jailbreak / Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware on Windows

Steps To Unlock iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware Via Ultrasnow

1. Download and install iTunes 9
  2. Make backup of your iPhone's data through iTunes. Click on the name of your iPhone on the iTunes sidebar on the left and click backup button
  3. Make sure you have jailbreaked your iPhone on firmware 3.1.2.
  4. Once you are done with the above procedure you can unlock your jailbroken iPhone using ultrasnow 0.9
    • Start "Cydia" on your iPhone.
    • Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
    • Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
    • Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com" and touch on "Add Source"
    • Cydia will now automatically update your sources by following a series of automated steps

• After installation is completed. Search for "ultrasnow" in Cydia and install this application (T-Mobile users should disable 3G before installing ultrasnow). This app will automatically unlock your iPhone so that you can use it with any carrier.

5. Just restart your phone and you are good to go. Now, you should have fully unlocked and jailbroken iPhone firmware 3.1.2 on your iPhone 3G or 3GS

Update : Carrier Logo Missing on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak [Fix it Now]

Isela Urwin3 years, 10 months ago

Same problem with me..have you gotten helped?

sergio_bsa5 years, 11 months ago

Working good with iPhone OS 3.1.2 / Modem: 05.13.04

ayache6 years, 2 months ago

mine is an iphone 3g 8 gb it was working verry good with (only safari crushes using wifi)with version 3.1.2 bb 05.11.07 & i was looking to setup cydia for some apps wich are not free so i decided to do a jailbreak.with pawnage tool 3.1.4 costum restore .
    every thing gone fine i waited that the i phone reboot but it doesn’t

it stop on the i tunes logo with usb cable in (emergency call)only

i realy do not have any idea about this

i tunes says that the sim card is not spported to activate the iphone

also no idea about

i ‘ll be verry thankfull for help pls

Pierre6 years, 3 months ago

OMG I love you….
    it worked you are the man!

avril186 years, 3 months ago

lol i have firmware 3.1.2 and baseband 02.28 hahaha i unlock it anyways with ultrasnow

amit6 years, 3 months ago

Gods of iphone plssssss release the unlock for 3g with bootloader 6.04…
    Ther are many like me out there waiting for the blackra1n, yellowra1n, redsn0w, etc on our iphones with bootloader 6.04……

michael6 years, 4 months ago

hi all everything works fine did the unlock and there i missed something.
    iphone keeps searchninf for carrier bud cant find one.
    so i still cannot make calls.
    can someone help me plz ?

mohit6 years, 6 months ago

Dear sir i have 3g with software 3.1.2 and baseband 05.12.01 and bootlader 06.04 can u please help me

shady_jd156 years, 11 months ago

How about the iPhone 2G. I want to upgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbreak using blackra1n. And than unlock by installing ultrasn0w. Is that possible? I’m on 3.0 now it doesn’t seem to be working so fine. So I want to try 3.1.2. Would doing so lock my iPhone? Baseband is already 04.05.04_G and I read somewhere that ultrasn0w only works with 4.28 something abseband.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Mike6 years, 11 months ago

If you have already jailbroken your phone then install fuzzyband (via Cyndia). That will check the bootloader and determine if you can downgrade the baseband from 05.11.07 back to 04.26.08. Basically, bootloader versions 5.08 (aka 5.8) and lower have are able to be used to downgrade the baseband; however, 5.09 (aka 5.9) and above this is just not possible.

Alex6 years, 11 months ago

Hi There i Ran Fuzzy Band it says its not supported is thee any thing else i can do as i am in a Gr8 Mess …

You can add me on Gtalk on bhatiavk@gmail.com

Or you can gimme your Email so i can cht and gt this working ..

ray6 years, 11 months ago

hi iv up dated my iphone 3g to 3.1.2 modem firmware 05.11.07 is there a way of me jailbreaking by any chance or do i have to wait or is there a way of me to downgrade back to 04.26.08 firmware help please lol

Daniel6 years, 11 months ago

and what I can do if my baseband is 05.11.07?