Jailbreak of iPhone 3.1.2 is possible on windows now! Previously Dev-Team released PwnageTool 3.1.4 to jailbreak 2G,3G and 3GS with iPhone firmware 3.1.2, problem is that PwnageTool is just for MAC OX X users only, but no worriers! Users on Windows don't have to wait for Windows version of PwnageTool or Redsn0w, following step-by-step tutorial/guide will help you to fully unlock and jailbreak your iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS with firmware 3.1.2 on a Windows PC. For MAC version of tutorial, click here.
If you don't have any issue with unlocking your iPhone and just want to jailbreak your iPhone on firmware 3.1.2, click here to jailbreak your iPhone on Windows with balckra1n tool.
Steps To Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on Firmware 3.1 Through Windows
- You should have latest iTunes version, Click Here to download if you don't have it.
- Now connect your iPhone with your PC using USB Ports of your computer and start iTunes and sync your iPhone with your computer, iTunes will backup your iPhone data
- Now you have to download custom .ipsw file for you iPhone 3GS which has been generated using PwnageTool 3.1.4. Just Google below mentioned custom .ipsw files, and you will get no.of links to download the desired .ipsw file.
- After downloading custom .ispw file, you will need to move it to "iTunes" directory in your computer, if you don't know path of iTunes9 directory, just go to Start->Search->Files and folder and type "iTunes" and hit enter, it will show "iTunes" folder in search. Open "iTunes" folder once you find it and paste downloaded .ispw file at following location:
C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Update\
- Now you need to update/restore your iPhone with custom .ispw that you downloaded for your iPhone 3GS. Restart iTunes, it will prompt to install new 3.1 firmware, DON'T update firmware from that box, just close it. Select your device (iPhone3GS) from iTunes DEVICES tab as shown below.
- To restore original settings on your Apple device, press and hold left "ALT" button on the keyboard ("SHIFT" button for Windows), iTunes will give you option for Upgrade and Restore, click on "Restore" option in the iTunes and then release the "ALT/SHIFT" button. You will be prompted to select .ipsw file, just browse and select the downloaded .ipsw file and restore it as shown below
That's all! Leave the rest to iTunes :) You will see a progress bar in iTunes showing upgrade/restore process progress, if it's taking long, give it some time, the process takes some time, don't interrupt in middle of process as it may harm your iPhone device. After completion of process you should have a jailbroken iPhone 2G, 3G or 3GS running on firmware 3.1.2.
Unlock iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS on Firmware 3.1.2:
Complete procedure/guide for unlocking iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS on firmware 3.1.2 via Ultrasn0w could be found here.
Download iTunes 9 for WindowsContact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback