So what Internet Tethering is? It's a process through which you can use internet on your PC over wireless media(Bluetooth) or via USB cable, in this process your mobile phone acts as a wireless modem. If you have upgraded your iPhone to latest firmware 3.1.2, and your trying to enable Tethering on your iPhone to use Internet on your computer, you have landed on right place. You can enable Tethering easily via an application called "MyWi", it can enable Tethering on all iPhones (2G/3G/3GS) running 3.1.2 firmware.
NOTE: Please note that these you need a jailbreaked iPhone 2G/3G/3GS running on firmware 3.1.2. Complete instructions on jailbreaking your iPhone 2G/3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.2 are given here. Please proceed with following steps for installing "MyWi" to enable Tethering on your iPhone:
Step-1: Go to Cydia Installer, search and install "MyWi" app. "RockApp" will also be installed with MyWi, Install RockApp if it's not installed manually with MyWi.
Step-2: After this, start RockApp and create a Rock ID(Your name etc)
Step-3: Now Sign-in with Rock ID you just created in RockApp, you should now see an update to MyWi app. After updating, it will prompt you for a Restart, just restart your iPhone after update.
Step-4: Open MyWi and turn "ON" the "USB and Bluetooth" under tethering.
Step-5: Go to Settings–>General–>Network–>Internet Tethering on your iPhone and turn "ON" the "Internet Tethering" option
That's all! You can enjoy internet via your iPhone on your computer/laptop now.
You may like to go through following tutorials we well:
- Enjoy Palm Pre Style Multitasking On iPhone Via Multifl0w
- Track Your Parked Car with Car Finder iPhone App [Augmented Reality]
- Youtube, WiFi, GPS Apps Not Working on iPhone 3.1.2 With blacksn0w / blackra1n RC3
- How To Enable Push Notifications On iPhone 3.1.2
- Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hacking With MobileTerminal App
- Carrier Logo Missing on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak [Fix it Now]