You would have noticed that Push Notifications are not working on jailbroken and hacktivated iPhone 2G/3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.2. This tutorial will help you to enable Push Notification on your iPhone on firmware 3.1.2, all you need is an unlocked or jailbreaked iPhone. Please click here to Jailbreak and here to Unlock your iPhone and follow step-by-step procedure given below.
Steps to Enable Push Notifications On iPhone 2G/3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.2
Step-1: There shouldn't be any "push-capable apps" installed on your iPhone, you need to uninstall all Push-capable apps from your iPhone, if there are any.
- Start "Cydia" on your iPhone.
- Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
- Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
- Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://cydia.iphoneil.net" and touch on "Add Source"
- Cydia will now automatically update your sources with a series of automated steps.
Step-3: After installation, search for "Push Fix" application in Cydia and install it. This application will fix Push Notifications on your jailbreaked and unlocked iPhone.
Step-4: After installation of "Push Fix" application, you will need to Restart your iPhone before you install any "push-capable apps" your iPhone.
UPDATE 1: PushFix 2.0 App Now Available To Fix Push Notifications on Hacktivated iPhone.
UPDATE 2: Push Doctor App is available now to enable / fix Push Notifications on Hacktivated iPhone 3.1.3 for FREE!
Following are some more useful iPhone utilities tutorials, you may like to go through them:
- Enjoy Palm Pre Style Multitasking On iPhone Via Multifl0w
- Track Your Parked Car with Car Finder iPhone App [Augmented Reality]
- Youtube, WiFi, GPS Apps Not Working on iPhone 3.1.2 With blacksn0w / blackra1n RC3
- How to Enable Tethering on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak with MyWi
- Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hacking With MobileTerminal App
- Carrier Logo Missing on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak [Fix it Now]