How To Enable Push Notifications On iPhone 3.1.2

You would have noticed that Push Notifications are not working on jailbroken and hacktivated iPhone 2G/3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.2. This tutorial will help you to enable Push Notification on your iPhone on firmware 3.1.2, all you need is an unlocked or jailbreaked iPhone. Please click here to Jailbreak and here to Unlock your iPhone and follow step-by-step procedure given below.

Enable Push Notifications on 3.1.2 with Push Fix - 1

Steps to Enable Push Notifications On iPhone 2G/3G/3GS on firmware 3.1.2

Step-1: There shouldn't be any "push-capable apps" installed on your iPhone, you need to uninstall all Push-capable apps from your iPhone, if there are any.
Step-2:

• Start "Cydia" on your iPhone.
  • Touch on "Manage" tab on the bottom.
  • Now touch on "Sources" as seen in the screenshot below:
  • Touch on "Edit" and then on "Add". You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type "http://cydia.iphoneil.net" and touch on "Add Source"
  • Enable Push Notifications on 3.1.2 with Push Fix - 2

• Cydia will now automatically update your sources with a series of automated steps.

Step-3: After installation, search for "Push Fix" application in Cydia and install it. This application will fix Push Notifications on your jailbreaked and unlocked iPhone.

Enable Push Notifications on 3.1.2 with Push Fix - 3
Enable Push Notifications on 3.1.2 with Push Fix - 4
Enable Push Notifications on 3.1.2 with Push Fix - 5
Step-4: After installation of "Push Fix" application, you will need to Restart your iPhone before you install any "push-capable apps" your iPhone.

UPDATE 1: PushFix 2.0 App Now Available To Fix Push Notifications on Hacktivated iPhone.
UPDATE 2: Push Doctor App is available now to enable / fix Push Notifications on Hacktivated iPhone 3.1.3 for FREE!

Following are some more useful iPhone utilities tutorials, you may like to go through them:

mike6 years, 6 months ago

i can not make it working on 2g 3.1.2

MexiChriS6 years, 9 months ago

Whats fucking sad & stupid, is that still to this day, there’s no real fix from the Dev Team! That actually works perfectly from the get go of jailbreaking your iPhone from the Dev Team software.

Unlike this piece of shit fix, where people have to scramble to know the repo + be lucky to work, yet receive fucked up messages from random people OR ruin your jailbroken/unlocked iPhone.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ALREADY its been forever since this shit has been released, this so called ‘push fix’ & its bullshit!

I only complain because I’ve been waiting, I’ve attempted several times, different iPhone’s as well, and they’ve all come to fail in the long run & equal into a re-jailbreak!

The Dev Team have been under low radars & out of sight for awhile, news & requests for shit need to stur up again. Especially if there’s news of newer fucking firmwares appearing. No offense Dev Team, i love you guys, but come on! Roll with the fixes & updates, please!

Cenobite6 years, 10 months ago

I am having the same problem with all my push apps. Occasionally a notification gets through, but on the whole push is totally unreliable. The push fix application restores the connection, but notifications remain totally unreliable. Clearly either Apple have done something deliberate or the latest Jailbreak has side effects.

Cooldread6 years, 11 months ago

Another observation is that if I reboot the device Push works but again only for a couple of messages. This is sometime of network issue…but do not know what, why or how to fix. Can anyone help?

Cooldread6 years, 11 months ago

I think I have narrowed the issue to the following: For some reason some applications think that the device (iphone 3GS 3.1.2) is not connected to the cellular network although it is showing 4 or 5 bars and I am also connected via WiFi. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Cooldread6 years, 11 months ago

I followed the instructions and it worked but only for 2-3 push notifications. For example, I used BeejiveIM to send push notifications and I only got two of them although I sent various messages (8). I continued sending additional messages but no Push Notifications came through. I open the app and the messages I sent were there. Anyone having the same problem? Anyone know how to fix?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!