Although there is a WordPress plugin available known as WP Page Numbers through which you can replace WordPress default Older Entries / Newer Entries Or Next Page / Previous Page links with cool page numbers but configuring this plugin with your WordPress theme requires basic PHP knowledge. This tutorial will explain you how you can add page numbers to a well known WordPress theme known as Thesis 1.5.
How To Configure WP Page Numbers In Thesis Theme For WordPress
- Download, install and activate WP Page Numbers plugin from here
- Login into your WordPress account as an administrator i-e www.yourblogname.com/wp-admin.
Navigate to Appearance -> Editor from sidebar
- Now you have to edit content_functions.php which will be located in thesis -> lib -> functions
- After opening content_functions.php find the function named thesis_post_navigation in PHP code
- Now replace the following two lines of code
- Click on the update button and proceed to Settings -> Page Numbers to select an appropriate style for Page Number display
- Ur done :)
next_posts_link('← ' . __('Previous Results', 'thesis'));
previous_posts_link(__('Next Results', 'thesis') . ' →');
with as shown in the screenshot below
< ?php if(function_exists('wp_page_numbers')) : wp_page_numbers(); endif; ?>