You would have noticed that your carrier name or logo is missing on top left of your iPhone status bar as shown below, if you are on jailbreaked or unlocked iPhone 3G or 3GS on Firmware 3.1.2.
As per Dec-Team, this issue is caused due to a bug in ultrasn0w and PwnageTool, they are working on it and soon the fix for this issue will be available, rest they have assured this issue will not effect your phone in any way, it will keep on running fine. However, till Dev-Team come up with a fix, there is a workaround available to rectify this issue. Follow following steps to get your carrier logo/name back on your iPhone:
Step-1: Goto "Cydia" on your iPhone 3.1.2, search for application named "MakeitMine" and install this application.
Step-2: Start "Make it Mine" app you just installed and type your carrier name as mentioned blow:
Step-3: After typing your carrier name, just touch on "Carrier" on top left and then "Save" changes.
You may like to go through following tutorials we well:
- Enjoy Palm Pre Style Multitasking On iPhone Via Multifl0w
- Track Your Parked Car with Car Finder iPhone App [Augmented Reality]
- Youtube, WiFi, GPS Apps Not Working on iPhone 3.1.2 With blacksn0w / blackra1n RC3
- How to Enable Tethering on iPhone 3.1.2 Jailbreak with MyWi
- How To Enable Push Notifications On iPhone 3.1.2
- Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hacking With MobileTerminal App