If you have upgraded your iPhone (3G, 2G) firmware to 3.1 then you might have lost your Ultrasn0w lock forever (Dev-Team). Fortunately there is way to revert back / downgrade your iPhone firmware 3.1 to firmware 3.0.1 if you have iPhone 3G or iPhone 2G. The procedure below might not work on iPhone 3GS. After you might have downgraded your iPhone firmware to 3.0.1, you may jailbreak it by using the iPhone OS 3.0.1 jailbreak guide.
Update : Unlock iPhone Firmware 3.1 Compatible With PwnageTool 3.1
Update : Unlock iPhone 3G Firmware 3.1 Compatible With Ultrasnow 0.9
Update : Now you can also revert back from iPhone 3GS firmware 3.1 to 3.0
Follow These Simple Steps
- Download and install iTunes 9 from here
- Download iPhone firmware 3.0.1 for your iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS
- Now you have to place the downloaded ispw file in the following locations depending upon your Operating System
- Now connect your iPhone to your computer and start iTunes 9, in Microsoft Windows click Shift+ Restore and in Mac OS X Option+Restore
- Now select firmware 3.0.1 ispw file and restore it. You might see the following error. Just ignore it.
- Your phone will now be in recovery mode, showing iTunes logo and usb connector.
- Download QuickPwn 2.2-1 and perform the procedure prompted to you by QuickPwn to reset your device:
- Once your iPhone has restarted, close QuickPwn
- Start iTunes again with the original AT&T SIM card. iTunes should now show the firmware version as either 3.0 or 3.0.1 depending on which ever firmware you downloaded in step 2
- After the downgrade you can unlock / jailbreak your iPhone firmware 3.0.1. See the complete step by step guide to jailbreak firmware 3.0.1 here
Mac OS X: "~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates"
Windows 7: "\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates"
Windows Vista: "\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates"
Windows XP: "\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates"
The iPhone "your iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred. (1015)
UPDATE: If you want to revert Back/downgrade from iPhone Firmware 3.1.3 to 3.1.2. Please follow step-wise instruction posted here.Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback