Installing Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu (Linux) is extremely easy. Almost every website now use Flash content and even if they don't use then the advertisements on them are based on Flash content. Previously we shared a small tutorial about how you can install Adobe Air in Ubuntu and this time we would like to share step by step procedure to install Adobe Flash player in Ubuntu via official Adobe website.
Follow these simple steps
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Choose .deb for Ubuntu 8.04+ from the drop down list
- Click on Agree And Install Now button
- You will be re-directed to the download page where you will be automatically asked to save .deb file
- Instead of saving .deb file choose Open with radio button followed by GDebi Package Installer (default)
- Click on the OK button
- First it will take a minute to download .deb file and then it will launch GDebi Package Installer to install .deb package automatically.
- It will hardly take two minutes on a broadband internet connection for the installation to complete.
- After installation, restart Mozilla Firefox and enjoy rich Flash content including games, movies, animations etc