Accessing files in Firefox cache is never too easy. May be because location of cache folder is not known to every one. Even if you know the cache location, you wont be able to access files as they are all encrypted. Previously we shared an easy way to access Firefox cache files in Microsoft windows, how ever this time i will explain how you can access Firefox cache files in Ubuntu (Linux).
- Download and install Wine (Click here for instructions)
- Download MozillaCacheView.zip and extract MozillaCacheView.exe on your desktop
- Right click on it and choose Open with Wine Windows Program Loader
- Now you have to find the drive (wrt Wine) in which Mozilla Firefox cache is located. How to do that? Once MozillaCacheView.exe is launched, click on the File menu and Select Cache Folder, now choose My Compter and then choose the drive in which Ubuntu is installed
- Thats it. Note down your drive letter. In my case its Z:
- Open Mozilla Firefox and type about:cache in address bar
- Copy location in front of Cache Directory
- Now get back to MozillaCacheView and again choose Select Cache Folder. Type your drive letter followed by the address you copied.
- Click OK and now you will see all files of Firefox cache in your MozillaCacheView window. You may choose and save any file from the list.
I used the above method to download MegaVideo and YouTube videos from Firefox cache in Ubuntu. Although cache address seems awkward but it works :DContact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback