Yup, now you can keep track of your online users using whos.amung.us plugin / extension in Google Chrome. The advantage of this extension is that you can see number of online users at your website on toolstrip even when you are browsing other websites.
There is already one Firefox extension available but no one made an extension for Google Chrome. So i thought to make it myself. For those who are unsure about whos.amung.us service, whos.amung.us is an online live counter of your peple visiting your site. It helps you to known about country, IP, time and other useful information about any person visiting your website.
How To Create Google Chrome Extension For whos.amung.us?
- Create a file and name it "manifest.json" (without quotes). You may use notepad for this purpose.
- Copy and paste the following data in it
- Now create an HTML file and name it "jaxov.html" (without quotes). You may use notepad for this purpose too
- Create a empty directory on desktop and name it "jaxov" (without quotes)
- Put these two files i-e jaxov.html and manifest.json in jaxov directory
- Open Google Chrome (Assuming that you have configured it to run extensions / plugins)
- In Address bar type chrome://extensions/
- Now click on the Load unpacked extension button and select jaxov folder from your desktop.
"name": "Chrome whos.amung.us extension by Jaxov.com",
"description": "Keep track of online users on your website / blog",
What you have to do?
- Download jaxov.zip and extract it on your desktop
- Open jaxov.html with Notepad
- Replace my key with your key rganc8vcqnrf with your whos.amung.us key
- Click save button and proceed onwards from step 6
- Thats it. Your done. Feel free to ask any question
Update : Google Chrome Official Whos.Amung.Us Extension Available For Download
Good news guys. Nanobyte have already created a full fledged Google Chrome extension which support multiple Whos.Amung.Us accounts with auto-refresh option.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback