iPhone Firmware 3.1 is now available for download for all existing iPhone and iPod touch users who have purchased iPhone Firmware 3.0.1. Its comes with many new features and many bugs are fixed now. If you have jail broken or unlocked you iPhone, then DO NOT update this firmware until Dev-Team releases upated updated versions of redsnow and ultrasnow for firmware 3.1 else you will lose your ultrasnow unlock FOR EVER.
If you update to Apple’s new software using the normal iTunes process, you will lose your Ultrasn0w unlock. In fact you may lose it permanently, because for most people the baseband firmware cannot be reverted to a previous version (unlike the main application CPU firmware).
But don’t worry…our PwnageTool program let’s you update your main firmware without touching your baseband firmware, so you can still have the best of both worlds. But you must be diligent about saying “no” to your iTunes request this week to update your firmware.
Update : Unlock iPhone Firmware 3.1 Compatible With PwnageTool 3.1
Update : Unlock iPhone 3G Firmware 3.1 Compatible With Ultrasnow 0.9
Update : Download Custom IPSW For Firmware 3.1 On iPhone 2G And 3G [Windows Users]
Update : How To Install Jailbroken Apps On iPhone OS 3.1 Firmware
iPhone Firmware 3.1 Features/Upgrades
- Genius Recommendations for Apps
- Genius Mixes
- Download Ringtones Wirelessly
- Organize Apps in iTunes
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
- iTunes U content organization
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
How To Update
Simply click on the check for update button you will be prompted to download and install new iPhone Firmware 3.1. Before that make sure you have latest iTunes 9 installed on your system.