Downgrade Your iPhone 3G Firmware 3.1 Baseband

Many users faced problems in unlocking their iPhone 3G with firmware 3.1. In order to unlock your iPhone 3G through Ultrasn0w you should have baseband version 04.26.08. If you have baseband version 05.11.07 then you won't be able to unlock your iPhone 3G with firmware 3.1 as this version of baseband doesn't allow your iPhone 3G from getting unlocked via Ultrasn0w. Good news you can still unlock your iPhone 3G through Ultrasn0w but before that you have to downgrade your baseband firmware from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08.

iPhone 3G Downgrade Baseband

1. You must jailbreak your iPhone 3G running on firmware 3.1 before you may downgrade your baseband version from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08. Click here to jailbreak your iPhone 3G running on firmware 3.1
  2. After you have jailbroken your iPhone, Go to Cydia on your iPhone and Search for Fuzzyband and then install this application
  3. Fuzzyband-1

Fuzzyband-2

4. Start Fuzzyband app and touch on Downgrade button to downgrade your Baseband from 05.11.07 to 04.26.08
  5. Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 3.1 With Fuzzyband

NOTE: Downgrading of baseband will only work on phones that have the 05.08 (5.8) Bootloader from the factory. If you do not know your bootloader then you can run Fuzzyband and it will report the version number for you.

6. Now you can easily unlock your iPhone through Ultrasn0w by following the instructions in the unlock guide here

UPDATE: Downgrade from iPhone 3.1.3 Baseband 05.12.01 to Older 04.26.08 Baseband

Mithat6 years, 5 months ago

Hello to all iPhone users!!!

The only reason I ve decided to post a comment is wish to help or just try to those who experienced problems with iPhone as I did and don’t have any solutions yet. Just to be clear my success is a result of visiting so much websites and forums regarding this problem and this is one of them.

OK, this was my state before, when everything was still ok with my iPhone:

Technical details: Apple iPhone 3G with 8GB of memory
    OS version was 2.2.1
    Modem firmware 4.28.06
    Bootloader version 6.02

After a short period of using this combination I accidentaly upgraded my OS version 2.2.1 to 3.1.3 from iTunes and then my nightmares begin.

I don’t want to fool anybody around so all be very clear about what I have done next:

First step: Download of 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 OS version from official Apple website and storing it on my computer!

Second step: Download of iTunes latest version also from Apple website and installing it!

Third step: Download of redsn0w 0.92 software version and installing it on my computer!

Fourth step: Connecting my iPhone to PC using USB cable and putting it OFF which is the right way. Interent connection is required all the time while connected to iTunes so it can check your software version.

Fifth step: Installing of 3.1.3 OS version using iTunes trough DFU mode. (DFU mode is expleined when you first start redsn0w or any other jailbraking software and that is hold down the POWER button for 4 sec and then without realesing it hold down the HOME button for another 10 sec and after that, realese the POWER button while holding HOME button for another 10 sec and you are entering DFU mode now. After that in iTunes when message appears hold down the SHIFT key and select your 3.1.3 OS version stored on computer. You can also use RESTORE mode trough iTunes which can be entered by long holding down the POWER and HOME button for about 10 sec until you receive message from iTunes that you are in RESTORE mode. Don’t forget to hold down the SHIFT key while clicking on restore button in iTunes where you select already stored 3.1.3 OS version on your computer). I ve used both ways just to make sure its working and the did. After this step which will take up to 10 minutes you should be able to see keypad and possibility of just making emergency calls and globe behind it! Don’t worry, all you have to do is to turn off your iPhone again and move to next step.

Sixth step: Lounching redsn0w 0.92 version and using Browse button point to the location of 3.1.2 OS version on your computer. After its proceeded check options Install Cydia and nothing more and then hit Next. On this stage you need to enter in DFU mode which is explained above so when you are ready to do so hit Next again. Also if you don’t enter in DFU mode correctly for the first time click the Back button and try again. You will know that you have done good when automated process suddenly starts to transfers files from PC to your iPhone. When this happens just wait for program to finish and then click Done.
    Just wait for the installation to be finished and for about 10 minutes you will have a new screen on your iPhone but now fully accessible and operable.

Seventh step: Launching Cydia for the first time and then let it finish all required tasks. Be sure to have Wi-Fi network connection because you are still not allowed to use SIM card potentials such as GPRS, EDGE or 3G and that it because your iPhone is still not fully unlocked. If you don’t have Wi-Fi near try to use your fixed connection on your PC to access Internet. This can be done by tethering iPhone with PC. Tethering is closely explained on many websites just try to google that. That is to create wireless network in area using your wireless adapter on PC. Make a standard connection trough ADSL, DSL or a cable modem to Internet and don’t forget to share it with your Wireless Network under Properties, and further in Advanced menu. After that turn on your Wi-Fi on your iPhone and connect to Wireless network which you had created earlier. This will provide you full Internet connection.

Seventh step: Open Cydia again and under SOURCES add this link http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and leave the process to be finished. Only if the installation was OK then after short time you will see Reboot option. If some errors occurs repeat the whole process again. If everything is OK and your iPhone is back again after rebooting then you are ready to put your SIM card in its locker and finally to use your iPhone again. This whole process went good for me and now I have healthy iPhone.

So if this source doesen’t help you try http://blackra1n.com again under Sources in Cydia. Repeat the whole process like in the step before.

That would be all that I have done to make my iPhone working again. There are many others way I m sure and many others apps to do same or maybe better but this combination worked fully for me and JUST for my version of iPhone considering all technical details I have stated in the begining of my note.
    Lots of luck iPhone users.

IMPORTANT: (New status of my iPhone after this whole process):

Software version: 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Modem Firmware: 05.12.01
    Bootlader Version: 6.02

prince6 years, 8 months ago

same issue here too!!! i have bootloader 6.04 and base band 5.11.07!! how can i downgrade?? i have tmobile so my phone is pretty much unusable right now….

padee6 years, 9 months ago

I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts. I found jaxov.com to be extremely interesting. I will be coming back to jaxov.com for more information.

Vivek6 years, 10 months ago

@Maz, Great feed, Thanks!

tony6 years, 11 months ago

i have a 3gs with bootloader 06.04 and baseband 05.11.07. I did jb and unlocked it using cydia and snow.. the phone works fine, but once I turn it off, when I turn it back on it goes into recovery mode, and have to Jb again with blackra1n in order for it to work. Is there a solution to this problem?

rusty6 years, 9 months ago

No. As stated by Geohot, Blackra1n is a tethered jailbreak meaning if the phone is turned of it has to be “re-broken” using the blackra1n utility each time. The blacksn0w unlock should remain intact, but I could be mistaken. Although, my phone is jailbroken unlocked via blackra1n/blacksn0w and the battery has died several times and I didn’t have to jalibreak it which is supposed to be the case. I have no explanation for this.

Iphoneuser6 years, 12 months ago

Thank you very much Maz for sharing the method below. it has just worked today for my iphone which is bootloader 06.04 baseband 05.11.07 iphone 3G with firmware 3.1.
    Thanks to geohot.
    I tried it yesterday and it didnot let me add the repository. today it did. my phone is alive again with t-mo oooooooooooooo hhhhooooo

I found it for firmware 3.2.1 and bootloader 6.02

you dont need to downgrade its working

look follow the steps in this link

but when you get to this step:

(((Touch on “Edit” and then on “Add”. You will be prompted to enter a url source as seen in the screenshot below. Type “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and touch on “Add Source”))))

add this Source “http://blackra1n.com” instead of “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com”

then search in Cydea for

“Blacksn0w”

download and install, then the network will work Inshaa allah.

Good luck

tested with my IPhone 3G 8GB
    Firware Virsion 3.2.1 (7D11)
    Modem firmware 05.11.07

CM6 years, 11 months ago

Just wanted to verify that the previous poster is correct and it did work with my 3.12 firmware 6.04 bootloader 16gb iphone 3g!!!

thanks all so much for your work!!!

CM6 years, 11 months ago

edit – Meant 3.2.1 Firmware!

tony6 years, 11 months ago

But does it go into recovery mode once you turn it off and turn it back on?

m4s7e12y6 years, 10 months ago

i think ur phone has a tethered jailbreak… ou have to run blackra1n every time u turn it off… sucks

GFunk6 years, 8 months ago

Hi all. Just tried this and it didn’t work for me. Iphone 3G – BL 6.04 and BB 5.12.01 – FW 3.2.1.. Any help out there???

Damn did Apple just get smarter this time or what!!!! Damn wankers :(

Iphoneuser7 years ago

Any update yet for the bootloader 6.04? I will keep those hard workers in mind as they find the downgrader solution. Thank you so much for all your efforts.

Knightmare7 years, 1 month ago

HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

Please we need this unlock

Maz7 years ago

I found it for firmware 3.2.1 and bootloader 6.02

you dont need to downgrade its working

look follow the steps in this link

but when you get to this step:

then search in Cydea for

“Blacksn0w”

download and install, then the network will work Inshaa allah.

Good luck

tested with my IPhone 3G 8GB
      Firware Virsion 3.2.1 (7D11)
      Modem firmware 05.11.07

Jason7 years, 1 month ago

is there no option for bootloader 6.04… wat bout if its taken to a phone store even ??

chris hays7 years, 1 month ago

i unlocked my iphone 3g by downgrading from 3.1.2 to 3.1 it worked great.. i try to plug it up to itunes to get my apps and contacts back and it goes to set up your iphone screen.. all i want to do is sync but there isnt an option can someone please help me?

ajit ray7 years, 1 month ago

STRUCK WITH BOOTLOADER 6.04 and firmware 5.11.07.

GOT IT jb BUT CANT UNLOCK. PLEASE HELP

amit6 years, 6 months ago

Hi Ajit any luck on iphone 3g with bootloader 6.04? yet???
      I have the same bootloader…

chrisdamax7 years, 1 month ago

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

I NEED MY PHONE

ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON WHAT TO DO ON BOOTLOADER 6.04 and firmware 5.11.07

AHHH… ='(

this really sucks

bilbo19657 years, 1 month ago

fuck bootloader 6.0.4 to god damned hell… piece of shit!!!!!!!

B-rad6 years, 9 months ago

I second that.

mamboo7 years, 1 month ago

help us migthy lord come out now unlocking for bootloader 6.04

BeeRain6 years, 5 months ago

For all of those people with the iPhone 3g 3.1.3 and bootloader 05.12 youre in luck. With the release of the new iPhone 4 the dev team updated the ultrasn0w unlock. I currently have 2 iPhones one for my daughter and one for my wife. I work for T-Mo and couldnt figure out how to unlock the iPhones. I jailbroke both of them usin redsn0w 9.4 and used the updated version of ultrasn0w it is still the repo666.ultrasn0w.com and it worked. It will ask you to reboot phone. just reboot it, pop ur t-mo sim in and turn 3g off, turn it back of and then back on and youre good to go. The iPhone versions o have are the 3g with 3.1.3 fw and 05.12 modem and 05.09 bootloader and the other is the 3g with 3.1 fw and 05.11 modem and 6.04 bootloader. hope this helps for anyone still having problems. and dont worry if you love T-mo we will be gettin the iPhone on our line up around late 2010 or early 2011.

jackenpoy7 years, 1 month ago

There’s no way to downgrade or do anything by now for the baseband 5.09 and higher… We have to wait for those genius to update us. My iphone is totally bricked now… no other things to do except games and internet. Ultrasn0w is not unlocking the network services of your local telecommunication.

If you unable or stucked on recovery mode with certain errors 10, 20, 1105, etc… dont worry just download or search for irecovery. follow the simple instruction and then jailbreak your phone using redsnow 0.8 and run irecovery…. at this time you can used your iphone but not for calling or text messaging… :((

wish those genius out there can help as soonest…

Jay7 years, 1 month ago

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come out with an unlock for FW 3.1, BB 5.11.07, BL 6.2 :(

Dave7 years, 2 months ago

No, as of right now unless you have bootloader 5.08 your baseband is locked and your phone will only work on an official network.

susi7 years, 2 months ago

Roee A.7 years, 2 months ago

Hi.
    Is there any new fix to unlock a 3.1 OS with updated baseband 5.11.07 and a newer bootloader than 5.8???
    Is there anything i can do?

fahad7 years, 2 months ago

same problem, please help

NhanNguyen7 years, 2 months ago

what about bootloader 6.04 anh baseband 05.11.07??? Please!