AIR stands for Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) and it is used in Windows, Mac OS X and on Linux. Air applications run on the desktop and are half way between web based applications (which run in a browser) and full blown desktop applications such as Word or Photoshop. Installing new applications on a Linux distribution is always a mystery for newbies so here is a small tutorial that teaches you how to install Adobe Air on Ubuntu.
Steps To Install Adobe Air On Ubuntu Linux
- Go to Applications->Accessories->Terminal
- Use wget command to download .bin file to your home directory. Copy and paste the following command to download AdobeAIRInstaller.bin
- Wget command will take 2 to 3 minutes to download AdobeAIRInstaller.bin in your Places->Home Directory.
- Now use the following command
- Then use this command
- After you will execute the last command, installer will install Adobe Air on your Ubuntu automatically. After that you can install .AIR apps through a double click on them.
chmod +x AdobeAIRInstaller.bin