No doubt Ubuntu is the best distribution of Linux. Previously we shared a small tutorial about how you can use Ubuntu within Microsoft Windows. However with the help of Live USB, now you can troubleshoot, backup data of your crashed PC or even carry a full Open Office in your USB. Now with the help of UNetbootin you can easily create Live USB of Ubuntu within 5 minutes. UNetbootin allows you to create boot-able Live USB drives for a variety of Linux distributions from Windows or Linux, without requiring you to burn a CD.
- USB stick of at least 1 GB in size [2GB Recommended].
- ISO Image of Ubuntu.
- UNetbootin Software.
Follow these simple steps:
- Download ISO image of Ubuntu.
- Download UNetbootin.
- Plugin your USB stick into your PC.
- Start UNetbootin.exe
- In Distribution select Ubuntu and select version i-e 9.04
- Now select ISO as Disk Image and browse for the downloaded ISO image file of Ubuntu.
- Select Type as USB Drive.
- Select your USB drive letter from Drive.
- Make sure you have selected the correct drive letter because a mistake may format one partition of your hard disk.
- Click Ok.
- Now UNetbootin will
- Extract and copy files from the ISO image.
- Install boot loader.
- Reboot your system.
Make sure you have selected "Boot From USB" option from your BIOS. Now plugin your USB stick and reboot your system. Select Ubuntu from the UNetbootin menu and then you will be asked a few questions to determine the setup of your computer. That's it now you can customize your Linux as you want!Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback