Internet Download Manager [IDM] is one of the best download accelerators as it can accelerate the download speed 5 times the original speed. If you are a Google Chrome fan then unfortunately there is no specific option for IDM to integrate it with this browser. But IDM provides you with another option called "Advanced Browser Integration", with the help of this option you can even use IDM through your Google Chrome. Here is a step by step procedure how you can use or integrate Internet Download Manager in Google Chrome.
Follow these simple steps:
If you already have Google Chrome and IDM setups, proceed to step 4
- Download Full Version of Internet Download Manager [IDM].
- Download Google Chrome.
- If you are interested in integrating IDM with the Portable Google Chrome, Download Portable Chrome first.
- Install IDM and Google Chrome.
- Now open Internet Download Manager
- Choose Downloads from menu bar and then select Options
- Now check "Use Advanced Browser Integration".
- After checking the check-box, you will be prompted for system reboot.
- Save your important work before system may reboot.
- After reboot, don't start Google Chrome, again go to the IDM options and this time check "Detect new applications that try to download files from internet".
- You will be asked to restart Internet Download Manager.
- After re-initializing the IDM, you will be able to see Google Chrome in the browser's list.
Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback
Now whenever you will try to download a file from Google chrome, you will be prompted to download it with Internet Download Manager, enjoy happy downloading :)