I will be getting an iPod Touch soon (most probably in the coming week) so I was doing some research about installing different applications on my iPod Touch and luckily I found a bunch of tips and tricks and some hacks that might come in handy to other iPod Touch owners.
Install iPhone apps on iPod Touch
The process is really simple and assumes that you have a jailbroken iPod Touch. Jailbroken iPod Touch have the ability to install 3rd party applications.
Now to get the iPhone apps on your iPod Touch, just follow these steps:
- Open install.app (installer application) from the home menu of your iPod Touch and tap "sources" on the bottom menu.
- Tap edit and then tap add.
- In the "Add Source" field type in http://repo.us.to "http://applerepo.com" or "http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml" and tap OK.
- Tap done and then tap refresh.
- Tap "Install" on the bottom menu of the Installer and scroll down with your finger until you see "iPhone 1.1.1 Apps for iPod Touch" and "iPhone 1.1.2 Apps for iPod Touch". Tap the folder corresponding your iPod Touch firmware version.
- Once on the iPhone apps menu, Install the "Prep" packages before you install anything else. Once you've installed these then you can continue to install the rest of the iPhone apps onto your Touch.
- After you've installed all of the iPhone packages/apps, then press the home button on your iPod so that it can reboot.
Thats it! You now have your iPhone applications on your iPod Touch.
Update! The site has changed from "http://repo.us.to" to "http://applerepo.com"Contact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback