Sadly, iPhone 3G users will still have to wait till Ultrasnow is pushed to the Cydia repo so until now only iPhone 2G users will be able to Jailbreak and Unlock their device on the iPhone firmware 3.0. Also the Pwnage Tool can be used by 1st Gen iPod Touch to Jailbreak the device.
The Unlock process for users with iPhone 2G running on iPhone firmware 3.0 is as below:
- Download the PwnageTool 3.0 (Direct | Torrent)
- Make sure to download bl39.bin and bl46.bin
- Grab the firmware 3.0 for iPhone 2G from our page.
- Run the PwnageTool and follow the steps on the software.
- Once the custom firmware is made, enter DFU mode and restore the firmware.
Note: To enter DFU mode, watch this easy tutorial. Also while clicking the restore button, hold 'Shift' in Windows and 'Option' in Mac to browse to the custom firmware file.
Unfortunately the PwnageTool does not work for Windows users so just make use of the following custom and unlocked firmware 3.0 files for iPhone 2G.
Custom/Unlocked OS 3.0 for iPhone 2G
http://tinyurl.com/l65ugs http://tinyurl.com/lujw22 http://tinyurl.com/l2foeu
- Download the Custom/Unlocked firmware 3.0 files above.
- Combine the files with HJSplit (for Windows) and Split&Concact (for Mac).
- Now you will have on file named iPhone1,1_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore.ipsw
- Simply boot into DFU mode and restore the Custom/Unlocked firmware 3.0.
There you go! easy unlock for the iPhone 2G. Now we also provide an alternative to Unlock the Firmware 3.0 on iPhone 2G with RedsnowContact Us for News Tips, Corrections and Feedback